30 is the age where most women start feeling more confident and have a sense of empowerment. 30 is not just a number, it is a milestone in a women’s life. But, this milestone can also be the beginning of your aging problems. This is the phase of your life where the signs of aging begin to appear.
The body metabolism starts to slow down a little after your 30s. This is the main reason you need to take your skin more seriously than ever. And secondly, the hormones. The majority of hormonal changes in women start around the age of 30 making the skin look dull and droopy. But, do not fret. Taking care of your skin in your 30s doesn’t have to be complicated. With just a few healthy lifestyle choices and anti-aging tips you can achieve a naturally glowing, healthy skin that can give you back your 20s look.
Signs of aging in your 30s
Skin aging means different things for different people. Not everyone will have the same signs of aging in their 30s. The most common signs of aging in your 30s are discussed below
- The first sign of aging is the formation of wrinkles. As you age, your skin loses its elasticity due to reduced collagen production. This makes your skin thinner and drier. When the moisture content of the skin is not retained, your skin becomes more prone to wrinkles.
- You might see the frown lines between your brows, laugh lines around the nose, and near the eyes.
- You can develop acne after your teen years or even for the very first time in your life.
- Next signs of aging in your 30s include dark spots, dark circles under the eyes, and drooping under eyelids.
- Your previous sunburns might begin to appear as spotty pigmentation.
5 Skin Care Anti-Aging Tips for 30s from Fine Fettle
Pampering your skin in your 30s is crucial to fight your anti-aging signs. If you’re anxious about how to take care of skin in your 30s, here are the top 5 skin care tips for a dewy glow and wrinkle-free visage even after your 30s from fine fettle.
1. Follow a CTM Routine
CTM stands for cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. This routine is essential in your 30s to get rid of accumulated dust and dirt on your skin, making it look healthy and fresh.
Use scrubs or facial brushes to exfoliate your skin at least twice a week to remove dead skin cells. Exfoliate at night rather than a day as your skin renews overnight. It can help brighten your skin.
3. Wear sunscreen daily
Irrespective of the weather, ensure that you use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above, UVA/UVB sun protection, and PA+ rating. Prefer PA+++ rating. The higher the rating, the higher the protection from UVA rays.
4. Apply serum and night cream
Serums are rich anti-aging ingredients and are more easily absorbed into the skin. Serum, when combined with a night cream, boosts the collagen in the skin and hydrates your skin to the best.
5. Choose the right ingredients in your skin care products
Every skin is unique. So target skin care products that work for your specific skin problem. Watch out for ingredients like retinol, antioxidant, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, glycolic, and lactic acid in your skin care products. These ingredients help in preventing aging.
5 Healthy Lifestyle Tips for anti-aging from Fine Fettle
Following a healthy lifestyle is as important as following the best skin care routine to prevent aging.
1. Watch what you eat
Follow a healthy, balanced diet that includes antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, carotenoids, proteins, and vitamins A, B, C, D, and E. Avoid foods high in sugar and white carbs.
2. Stay hydrated
Stay hydrated internally by drinking approximately 3 to 4 liters of water each day. Eat fiber-rich food and work out for at least 15 to 20 mins daily.
3. Avoid smoking and alcohol
Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can give you puffy eyes, fine lines, and accelerate facial aging. It constricts the blood vessels that carry oxygen and nutrients to your skin.
4. Get that beauty sleep
One of the best anti-aging tips is to have a good sleep. Sound sleep gives your body the time to reboot and replenish, making your skin look fresh and glowing.
Stress increases inflammation and reduces blood flow to the skin, which causes aging. Therefore, find ways to reduce stress like yoga, exercise, meditation, and of course a good sleep.
Quick Anti-aging tips
- Mix lemon juice and honey with fine granules of sugar or salt to make a homemade scrub.
- If you are an office-goer, instead of plain sunscreen you can choose a foundation that contains SPF.
- Wash your face twice a day and after sweating heavily.
- Make exercising your daily routine.
- Always sleep on your back to prevent aging.
- Think happy thoughts.
A word from Fine Fettle
It’s never too late to start following these simple tips in your everyday life to prevent aging. Even if you already have signs of aging, you can follow these tips to slow their progress and prevent new ones from forming. The more you practice, the better the results. Have a radiant, younger-looking healthy skin that will last a lifetime.